The types of data we use and process.
1. Customer details for online purchases.
2. Website Cookies.
3. Information collected.
4. How are cookies managed?
5. What are cookies used for?
6. How do I disable cookies?
7. What happens if I disable cookies?
8. Google Analytics.
9. Google AdSense.
10. Mailing Lists.
11. Access to your personal information.
12. Legal Stuff.
Customer details for online purchases.
When you purchase any of the products and complete web orders from our online store you will need to fill in your contact details so we can send you the items you have purchased. This information is securly stored and protected as ‘your customer details’ on our system. When orders are complete the purchase and customer data is still stored in our system. We might need to use this information to help track a delivery, help you find a previously purchased product, issue you a refund or resend you a damaged order. You can at all time request your customer details to be removed by clicking HERE. Although your customer details will be removed from our systems, any previous purchases are logged as completed transactions and cannot be removed from any financial services or institutions like PayPal or Switch.
When you purchace any items from the Burning Desire Foods web site you need to pay through an online payment portal. We use two secured payment portals to process your online transactions. The two payment portals we use are PayPal and Switch. This is a direct secured link between you and the payment portal of your choice. At no point during this payment process are any of your personal banking details given to us, other than your name and transaction ID. If you have requested for your customer details to be removed from our systems, any previous purchases or transactions are logged as financial transactions and cannot be removed.
How are cookies managed?
The cookies are stored on your computer or other device when you access our websites are designed by:
- Burning Desire Foods, or on behalf of Burning Desire Foods, and are necessary to enable you to a make purchases on our website;
- third parties who participate with us in marketing programmes; and
- third parties who broadcast web banner advertisements on behalf of Burning Desire Foods.
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are: -
1. For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to on-line transactions and site navigation.
2. For Burning Desire Foods to market to you, particularly web banner advertisements and targeted updates.
3. To enable Burning Desire Foods to collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns on the Burning Desire Foods website, including to monitor the success of sales, campaigns and competitions etc.
4. To enable Burning Desire Foods to meet its contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our website from a site operated by those parties.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below:
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
2. Click on the “privacy” tab
3. Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
1. Choose Settings> Advanced
2. Under "Privacy and security," click “Content settings”.
3. Click “Cookies”
1. Choose Preferences > Privacy
2. Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla firefox:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
2. Click on the icon “privacy”
3. Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
1. Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our sites. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our sites.
As part of the registration process for our monthly e-newsletter, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about stuff you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We don't rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing our data protection officer HERE.
Access to your personal information.
Under GDPR law, you have the right to access and amend any of your personal data that we hold. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing our data protection officer HERE.
This website is the sole property of Jason Stevens trading as Burning Desire Foods located at 45a Stanford Avenue, BN1 6GA Brighton, East Sussex, United Kingdom.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes made to this policy. We may notify you of changes to this policy by email or other means of communication.
You can contact our Data Protection Officer and European Union Representative with respect to our obligations under the data protection law by clicking HERE